by now it’s not a secret anymore that I’ve been studying in Ulm in the past.
I’ve known the gastronomy quite well, but even here some new gems popped up. I’m going to share my recommendations with you.
1. Primo Piatto – technically it’s not in Ulm anymore, but in Soeflingen. An Italian restaurant owned by true Italians (yes, that’s what makes it authentic). We went there twice, I had the ‘Ravioli’ once and the ‘Vegetarian Pizza’ the other time. Mili can support my recommendation as she liked her pizza and lasagne and the tiramisu, too.
Sorry, but unless you ask for the pizza without cheese, there’s nothing vegan.
2. Cafe Einstein – Basically they have everything you could imagine, but we always went there to have a big breakfast/brunch.
I ordered the ‘Vegan Breakfast Katmandu’ (they have two vegan ones and several other vegan dishes throughout). Loved it, would order it again anytime. And I asked for the caramelized nuts in the pancakes, too. We had to take the bread rolls to go 😀
3. Fräulein Berger – I just had a sandwich which was kind of pricy, but alone for the interior décor, I’d advise you to go there at least once. The have vegan options and changing lunch items (2-3, of which one is often vegan).
4. Cafe Frida – I wasn’t that satisfied with it, the acai bowls were kinda gross to be honest, but I needed to substitute an ingredient and the bagels/breads seem to taste good as the smoothies and juices too. They have a changing lunch item everyday and just the fact that it’s the first real clean eating cafe in Ulm is worth mentioning it.
Obviously vegan options here.
5. Oh my Waffle! – Last, but definitely not least. It’s the best one, trust me. If you have followed me on my Insta Stories you know that we went there 4 times out of the 7 full days I’ve been there. They have two special waffles (changes throughout the year), one was a wild berry mix waffle. You can choose between standard or chocolate dough (duh, obvi chocolate for me), but there are savory ones as well.
Can I just say, kudos to the service there: I asked if I could get a fried egg instead of the salmon with the guacamole waffle and the answer was ‘Sure, I need to try this myself and maybe it will be on the menu if it’s good!’
Damn, I’m excited to see if that has happened by the time I will be back.
Just read that apparently some waffles (I bet the classic dough) are vegan.
I could list some other places I used to go, but I think if you really want me to, just shoot me a dm/e-mail or comment below 🙂