Stomach pain is a widely spread symptom
There isn’t a real order of tests to undergo when having acute or reappearing stomach discomfort.
Bodies are powerful and humans develop a sense of something not working properly or being wrong. It’s acknowledging this felling and doing the right thing about it that’s often ignored.
Stomach pain and indigestion can be correlated to various health issues , e.g. migranes, allercic reactions, inflammatory diseases or even some sorts of cancer. Therefore it’s really necessary to listen to the body and visiting a doctor if something seems strange.
Suggested medical tests & procedures
Often, the worst pain only has small underlying issues.It’s the subtle pain that comes back again and again that should be worrisome.
I had a pancreatitis scare, the first time I had my burning stomach pain checked out. And that without any real procedures. This is the order I went through. Highlighted are the ones that gave ME a clue for finding my root cause. They should all still be done!
- A blood test is simple and can be quite conclusive. But a lot of people have great blood levels and still suffer from unexplainable diseases.
- Since inner organs work together very tightly, a sonography should be next. Cysts, knots and tumors can be detected.
- A gastroscopy . Every stomach pain that’s very painful or reappears is a huge warning sign for am infestation with the helicobacter pylori bacteria. Additionally, the gastritis type can be specified.
- An ECG. This checks general cardiovascular health.
- A MRI or CAT. MRI’s create a strong magnetic field and radio waves in order to create a detailed image of inner organs and tissues. A CAT scan uses X-rays instead.
- A colonoscopy. This is an endoscopy of the colon and requires some preparation. It’s used to diagnose or except gastrointestinal diseases like crohn’s disease, colitis ulcerosa, coeliac disease and so on.
- A microbiota stool test . Especially after taking antibiotics or medicine that disrupts the balance of good and bad bacteria.
- H2-Breath Tests . These test intolerances against lactose, fructose or sorbit.
- Allergy tests . Blood tests for common foods with allergy contributing components, like eggs, soy, paprika, casein etc.
- Vitamin deficiency tests . Another blood test checking the levels of specifically chosen vitamins.
- A nerve conduction velocity test. It can identify nerve damage by measuring how fast an electrical impulse passes through the nerve.
So, these are 11 procedures I endured over the past 1 1/2 years, some several times. Profiles will follow.
Get well soon and remember, there’s light at the end pf the tunnel!
*This post is based on research and personal experience. All products (if any mentioned) are bought and tried by myself if not written otherwise.